Type: Contract - 6 months
Our client is seeking a L3/L4 Security Engineer.
Skills and attributes for success
- Create designs based on industry best practices, sound solid engineering principles incorporating both local and global requirements while clearly understanding that one size does not fit all
- Advanced skills in planning, designing, and troubleshooting complex security environments including delivering projects within scope and budget
- Able to make technical decisions in support of Architecture, Strategy, Service Management, and Operations functions within the project and escalated troubleshooting contexts
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the network industry
- Excellent knowledge of perimeter security and border protection technology, environments, management and monitoring tools associated with EY security systems
To qualify for the role, you must have
- You must be a self-starter who can operate without direct supervision on multiple complex projects and tasks in parallel
- Present complex and difficult messages skillfully, using a variety of media and methods.
- Produce writing that contains clear, precise descriptive language.
- Experience with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Maintains awareness of related new and emerging technologies.
- Technology requirements;
- Check Point Firewall (also Palo Alto/Fortinet Firewalls)
- AlgoSec Firewall automation platform
- Zscaler Cloud Security
- SD-WAN awareness preferably Versa
- Cloud technologies, SAML Integrations, Azure AD
- SonicWall/Pulse Secure/Prisma VPN technologies
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts, including IoT, IPv4, and IPv6, and how to deploy and configure in the security product set.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as Engineering or Computer Science or a related discipline, plus an industry accreditation or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable experience in various aspects of Security technology infrastructure design and implementation.
- Security related Professional qualifications [Check Point CCSE, Blue Coat BCCPA]
- Service management qualifications [ITIL Foundation]