TITLE: Security Architect - SR.
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL 32202
TERM: 6 months contract
Technology architect for the Security environment. Enhances, implements and ensures that the ISO 27000 based Security Framework is sound strategically and tactically. Works with Enterprise and other Information Technology Architects on projects. Acts as internal consultant providing security consulting services to project teams (architectural guidance, critical technical support, etc.).
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Design secure cloud configurations for assets in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Represent secure best practices in Cloud Governance and architecture activities.
- Assess security readiness and features of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS providers to inform procurement decisions.
- Provide guidance regarding data classification of cloud-resident data.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend or plan the implementation of new or updated cloud-centric information security controls, and analyze impact on the existing environment; provide technical and managerial expertise for the administration of security tools.
- Lead the development of new cloud security processes and procedures. Applies knowledge and experience of security issues and systems to develop process improvements.
- Assist in the development of security architectures and security policies, principles, and standards.
- Manage production issues and incidents and participate in problem and change management forums.
- Assist with the resolution of negative audit findings reported by internal or external auditors.
- Will support and assist in response to security events and escalations; may provide disaster recovery support; responsibilities may extend beyond day-time business hours, including on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, or related major field of study.
- 5 or more years of experience in Information Security with focus specifically on Security Architecture, Security Operations, Cryptography, Network Security or Security Forensics
- Equivalent Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED
- 7 or more years of experience in Information Security.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution required in Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology or related major field of study.
- 3 or more years of experience in Information Security with focus specifically on Cloud Security, Security Architecture, Security Operations, Cryptography, Network Security or Security Forensics.
- Past experience in a leadership/senior role in Information Security Management
- One of more of the following certifications:
- (ISC)² Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Google Professional Cloud Architect
- CSA Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
- Cloud-Institute Certified Cloud Professional
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- (ISC)² Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Other Certifications/Licenses: CompTIA Security+, GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF), (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), (ISC)² Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), CompTIA Cloud+, ,
- Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Python.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc) preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Technical agility and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of developing, documenting, and maintaining security policies, processes, procedures, and standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Apply to MATRIX today!