Position: Cyber Defense Engineer
Location: Louisville, KY 40202
Term: 5 Months
- You will likely spend most of your time supporting the run state of our endpoint & cyber defense security technologies. You will also the remainder of time bringing operational expertise into efforts which introduce new technologies and upgrade current ones.
- Provide technical oversight of Information Security technologies that fall under the teams responsibilities, confirming they are operating within agreed service levels and at peak possible performance
- Manage, drive and coordinate planned maintenance activities as well as the standardization and automation of processes and procedures for Information Security technologies.
- Represent the team in specific Project activities, including participating in projects and driving your deliverables towards successful completion.
- Articulate technology issues/concerns that may emerge at any level of the technical stack, and from any component across the ecosystem, to technology leaders
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Detailed knowledge of several of the following: EDR, AV/AM, Vulnerability Scanning, Cloud Operations, IPS/IDS, O365 Tenants, networking concepts & mechanisms, Scripting in Python or other language, and other relevant technology
- Approximately 4-6 years of experience in Security, including demonstratable knowledge of endpoint security
- The ability to train & coach staff in technical processes and practices.
- Several years experience working in a large global virtual environment
- Strong English language skills - written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field or equivalent work experience.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL v2 or v3 Foundations training) (preferred)
- GSEC/CISSP or other security related generalist certification from ISC2 or GIAC
- Experience in project management, service introduction, and service readiness