TITLE: Security Analyst - Jr
TERM: 6 Months Contract
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL / Remote (possibly back in office 1st of year but not decided)
- Network Security tasks such as firewall configurations, intrusion prevention monitoring and configurations, administration of VPN, web proxy, and other perimeter protection solutions.
- Performs systems and security functions and incident response through application of established processes and procedures. Provides coaching to less experienced staff applying experience to address unusual or particularly sensitive situations.
- Participates in and regularly leads the development of new security processes and procedures and process improvement initiatives. Uses personal security knowledge and experience to identify and engage appropriate resources and staff in initiatives. Performs highly sensitive data mining and analysis. May consult with other groups on sensitive security matters.
- Provides expert technical assistance and consulting for security and operations-related issues. Maintains leading-edge knowledge of security issues, systems, approaches, and threats. Performs independent research into developing security approaches and technology. Regularly leads various security projects and initiatives engaging appropriate resources to identify and address issues and tasks. Monitors project initiatives and activities and assists in workload planning and distribution, resource planning, process and procedure development and maintaining documentation.
- Actively takes a leadership role in security policy development, modification, and dissemination. Leverages experience to identify areas where policy needs updating or modification. Consults with other experts both within and outside of the company to understand leading-edge practices and how to integrate them into systems and security approaches. Independently researches changing security technology approaches and provides recommendations for the adoption or analysis thereof. Prepares recommendations for changes for management approval. May lead the implementation of changes.
- Follow best practices around developing and maintaining secure systems.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Associate Degree/2-year Degree
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2 or more years of experience in Information Systems, Transportation/Intermodal Operations, or Logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), Cisco CCNA
Knowledge and Skills
- Firewall administration including setting up SSL and IPSEC VPN connections and managing security policies.
- Understanding of how TCP/IP works and how to troubleshoot it with Wireshark.
- Preferred knowledge of Python and/or Powershell coding languages. Ability to automate repetitive tasks and automate network security procedures.
- Managing intrusion prevention signatures.
- Web proxy administration.
- Knowledge of Information Security policies and processes; adhere to and improve upon company Information Security policies and procedures; mastery of core technical concepts; advanced knowledge of one or more specific Information Security domains; will assist or lead response to security events and escalations; may provide disaster recovery support; responsibilities may extend beyond day-time business hours, including 24x7 support.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build partnerships; willingness to engage team members and contribute to team goals.
- Technical agility and strong analytical skills, excellent customer service skills
- Strong personal leadership skills; ability to work independently or collaboratively; ability to work with cross-functional teams and build partnerships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Windows Clients and Servers, Apple MAC, and/or Linux.
- Knowledge and understanding of Security Operations concepts.
Apply with MATRIX today!