Are you a seasoned QA with Java and SQL who enjoys automation testing? We have an opening for a SDET with experience setting up the tests and APIs. If that sounds like you may just the job for you. In this role you will be working with software applications to ensure that functionality meets design specifications and business requirements through the writing, execution, and reporting of automation tests – with the ultimate goal of ensuring high quality IT applications, as measured by post-production defects. There will be a good bit of documentation in the form of test cases.
Responsible for development and management of automated test scripts based upon manual test cases, execution of automated test scripts, and reporting of defects – with the ultimate goal of ensuring high quality of IT applications, as measured by post-production defects.
- Provides high-level input as to the direction of automated testing, and develops prioritized action test plans for applications.
- Makes appropriate recommendations as to solution architecture
- Defines, develops, executes, and documents automated test scripts and cases utilizing a full range of tools and processes, automation frameworks, software development languages and database tools
- Logs defects discovered into defect repository, and reports test findings to IT Project Managers and/or Application Developers for corrective action.
- Works with Application Developers to understand system logic, and identify reasons for script failure
- Proactive in working with Application Development teams to assign Document Object Model (DOM) elements with identifiable attributes
- Consults with Application Development staff on execution of automated scripts to help perform unit testing
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology and trends in automated test development, and provides recommendations to management.
- Develops, executes, and reports automated test suites
- Contributes to each phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) primarily through regression and unit testing
- Performs application system performance monitoring of both Test and Production platforms/environments
- Ensures all test results are properly documented, and captures all relevant information.
- Follows Quality Management process as described in company IT Policy and Procedure Statements (MPPS), to ensure all module and system testing meets requirements
- Provides daily and release-based reports that detail the results of test execution, defects found, and issues encountered with scripts
- Support the bi-weekly software development release cycle, ensuring proper testing is completed on new releases in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for keeping stakeholders (IT Project Managers, Application Developers, Business Process Owners, etc.) and IT management informed of testing status and defects discovered
- Ensures applications are functional, reliable, and responsive through automated testing
- Ensures that application business rules, associated logic, and application development security best practices (per OWASP top 10) are adhered to within systems, as part of the QA testing process
- Adheres to Quality Assurance principals, standards, and industry best practices
- May coach and mentor more junior staff and contract employees
- Makes recommendations as to improvements of the QA process
- Responsible for following policies and procedures, software testing guidelines, and best practices for software development
- Identifies and makes recommendations as to cost savings opportunities
- Frequent communication with QA Manager, QA staff, Application Developers, and Project Managers for reporting the status of testing and status of modules in development
- Frequent interaction with QA Manager for testing status updates, progress reporting, and overall coordination of testing activities
- Works closely with both QA and Development groups to assure quality products
- Assists Application Development in the use of automation tools for unit testing
- Minimum of 7+ years with hands-on development of Automated Tests and Frameworks focused on RESTful services/APIs
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in software development and system design.
- Expert level experience in setting up test automation frameworks and establishing standards and metrics.
- Experience with structured application development and change control methodologies.
- Experience integrating tests into CI/CD frameworks and pipelines.
- Experience with relational database methodology as well as methods for accessing and validating of data via SQL.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working in Agile and hybrid Agile environments required.
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree is required.
This contract position comes with a full suite of benefits. The dress code is business casual, the work space is a cubicle and parking is free. Currently work is remote but once the building is open on site work will be required.