Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Scrum Master
Location: Raleigh, NC or Chandler, AZ
Term: 24 months
- Responsible for effective and timely development of new and/or enhanced systems/technologies thru the scrum team.
- Demonstrate expertise and be able to coach the teams in Agile and DevOps technology practices (e.g., scrum ceremonies, program increment planning, BDD, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment). Monitors all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle implementing sound agile practice.
- Coach and train on Agile, Scrum, Kanban at a level accessible to beginners and dive deep for advanced topics
- A change agent; progressively challenging the team to continuously improve. Good understanding of product and sprint backlog and tracking Agile metrics like burn down chart, velocity, predictability and quality
- Servant leader who helps teams self-organize and self-manage while ensuring adequate progress toward team goals.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burndown tracking and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Assist the Product Owner and Product Analysts in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirements.
- Create and facilitate the creation of change management, technical debt, incident resolution.
- Ask difficult questions, removes impediments, and makes issues and problems visible. Collaborate with the team on possible solutions and escalates as necessary.
- Show a strong sense of ownership and accountability; ensures scrum team is working efficiently towards Sprint goals.
- Coach the scrum team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum tools and practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Ensure the scrum team is practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, trust, team accountability, transparency, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure cross-functional coordination (product analysts, developers, and testers) occurs early and often.
- Contributes to the development of information technology development standards, policies, processes and procedures to ensure consistent compatibility and integration.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of work experience in computer sciences or related field, or equivalent combination.
- Four to seven years Agile experience including coaching on agile methodologies and tools.
- At least One to two years working in DevOps teams. Strong Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles is a must
- Strong Experience in implementing Unit test automation, Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development using industry standard testing frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies. General knowledge of architectures and technical standards.
- Proven leadership experience in achieving successful sprint and program increment outcomes.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Familiarity with Jira and Jira Align
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles and micro services and containers
- Strong understanding or experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: process improvements, continuous improvement, or LEAN