Title: Scrum Master
Type: Contract to hire
Scrum Master supports the team on their understanding of Agile and deliver a product. It is the Scrum Master’s role to teach the team agile practices, facilitate Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and shield them from external distractions. Scrum Master brings the Product Owner and the team together and helps them understand each other. This individual is also a personal coach for team members and an innovator who constantly seek continuous improvement and builds high performing teams.
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
- Build and coach high performing teams
- Look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles
- Ensure teams actions are aligned with the project goals / vision
- Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams
- Bring transparency to Business and IT organization about development and grow trust
- Identify trade-offs between short- and long-term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Ensure that applications processes (including those of external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, environmental and technical policies and applicable standards.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies and experienced in coaching Scrum and Kanban teams.
- Delivery or software development background.
- Strong communication skills – Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously
- Team Leadership – Experienced in assessing how the team is doing and drive necessary actions to improve
- Able to develop and foster teamwork and facilitate team dynamics
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor team all roles on a Scrum team
- Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizations
- An ideal candidate will also have technical experience working with various technology stacks and coaching development teams
The following experience is considered essential:
- Assertive, with the confidence to be voice of authority
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- 4+ years of relevant work experience with Agile and Scrum
- Bakery, CPG, DSD industry experience preferred.
Essential Job Functions/Requirement
- License - Authorization to work in the United States. Valid driver’s license.
- Mobility - Ability to move or travel to all areas of office, plants, and company related facilities.
- Sensory -Ability to generate written communication, as well as read and analyze correspondence. Ability to use computer, application software, and other office equipment. Ability to perform basic computer operations.
- Communication - Speech and hearing abilities that allow the individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English (in person and via telephone) and/or other language, if required. Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders, and senior management. Proven ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people to enhance understanding and drive decisions that lead to positive outcomes.
- Other - Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources. Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills.
- Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) (not required)
Apply to MATRIX today!