Position: Scrum Master
Location: San Francisco, California
Term: 6 months with likely extensions
Join a great team as a Scrum Master and hit the ground running! Must be a fast learning, adaptable to change, have stellar oral and written communication skills, be proactive and capable of taking ownership and driving through to resolution when needed, demonstrated success delivering projects in big matrix org using both Agile and waterfall or a combination of the two. Someone who is proactive and able to work independently and to bring order to chaos.
- Responsible for managing and evolving Scaled Agile portfolios of the highest complexity.
- Facilitates the scrum process on scrum teams with significant cross-functional impacts involving project, non-project, or maintenance work.
- Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Uses empirical data to help the team(s) assess their Scrum Maturity, optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Proactively addresses systemic impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers.
- Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partners with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Partners with Product Owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects.
- Completion of some work may depend on non-agile work teams.
- Facilitates Scrum of Scrums.
- May train other Scrum Masters and serve as a mentor to less experienced team members.
- Drives Scrum adoption across all levels in the organization.
- Facilitates and is accountable for owning the Scrum and/or Scaled Agile ceremonies for the scrum team(s).
- Partners with Product Owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team(s) and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Identifies skills & competencies of scrum team members & makes adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams.
6+ years of experience as a practicing Scrum Master