Our client is looking for a Scrum Master to join their team for a 12 month contract in Irving, TX! In this role you will support the Agile teams with focus on Agile project governance. The ideal candidate to have a strong Agile Delivery experience with the ability to influence multiple cross functional teams. On a day-to-day basis, this Scrum Master will be responsible to facilitate the flow of information between the Product and the Technical/ Development teams and champion the adoption of Agile Methodologies and Principles
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- As a Servant Leader, work with teams and facilitate/participate in all Scrum ceremonies and cross functional meetings to enable the development team with accurate and relevant information
- Ability to ensure the accurate use of Agile processes
- Work with Product Managers and Technical Managers to support Planning, Prioritization and Decision Making on high value features and enhancements
- Work with both Internal and External stakeholders actively to resolve impediments or address risks/concerns raised by the Development teams
- Supports reporting of team metrics to facilitate transparency of Team Productivity/Velocity and other relevant metrics
- Work with internal teams/stakeholders to help prioritize work that extends across multiple service and application teams and track interdependencies
- Attend the SOS meetings and surface any concerns that could derail/impact delivery across the Program as well as take back potential impacts/delays to the team
- Provide mentoring and training of the team, ensuring the adoption of Agile Practices and Principles
- Ability to act independently in both surfacing issues and facilitating issue resolutions
- Coordinate on QA & Production Release activities and follow-up till closure on issues.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience managing multiple distributed teams that build Windows or Web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document key decisions, risks and action items
- Problem Solving and Conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with JIRA or similar work tracking tools
- 5+ Years of Scrum Master Experience working with various Application/Service teams
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Past Project Management experience is highly desired
- Agile Certifications (CSM, SAFe or similar certifications)
- Retail experience
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.