The Scrum Master II (Digital Channels) is responsible for maximizing the benefit of technology investments by leading and coordinating the implementation of financial and operations system solutions in support of core organizational functions and business processes.
The Scrum Master II participates on a cross-functional Agile Scrum team and/or hybrid Agile/Waterfall delivery team to develop and maintain systems to support internal staff needs or to support customer acquisition and retention, based on the customer’s needs, the competitive landscape, industry trends, and business value to Woodforest National Bank.
- Guide, coach and motivate the team with the goal of increasing productivity.
- Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies.
- Assist the product owner, business analysts and other team members in refining the backlog and ensuring a steady stream of work is available for the team.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove them.
- Develop and manage project plans, schedules, reports, success criteria and controls to track, monitor and report on project costs, timelines and deliverables in collaboration with the PMO.
- Document, assess and resolve all high priority project risks and obstacles as they are encountered.
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team coach the team to higher levels of maturity.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and lead by example.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering high profile internal and external projects.
- Extensive working knowledge of Agile and the Scrum framework.
- Displays strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment.
- Fluency with Agile software development tools such as Azure DevOps/Jira and project management tools such as MS Project.
- Exceptional verbal communication and technical writing skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
- 5-7 years of experience delivering software the Agile Framework required.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Scrum Master and/or Agile Coach required.
- Experience working on cross-functional software development teams.
- Experience in an Agile, Scrum-based work environment.
- Experience in the banking or financial services industry.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Accounting, Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master), Certified SAFe Scrum Master, or equivalent Agile certificate preferred.