Location: San Francisco, CA
What you’ll do as a Contingent Scrum Master:
- Review Sprint Plans/ Project plans to plan and coordinate project activity
- Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Work collaboratively with development team, Technical lead and management to determine technical direction and priority of staff for the supporting systems. Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Product documentation
- Agile ceremonies
- Project scope statements
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Continuous improvement of Sprint release processes to maximize team performance
- Daily Scrum, Retrospectives and release planning meeting with other teams as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects or open defects/enhancements
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning
- Mentor project team members on Software Development processes and best Agile practices
- Flexibility to engage with team in non-regular hours
- Work with enterprise level training and coaching staff to align team priorities with business road maps.
- Be a role model servant-leader to bring value to the Teams with process and tools.
- Education/Experience Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience is ideal.
- Exercises independent judgment with direction from management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in financial technology, or in a banking environment
- At least 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and management.
- Must be able to nurture self-organizing, high performing teams through servant leadership and mentoring.
- Must encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
- Must be able to resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation.
- Must be willing and able to identify problems, impediments, dependencies, and other team dysfunctions, and then facilitate quick resolution.
- Must understand agile metrics and reporting techniques
- Must work effectively in a growing, dynamic development environment with matrix reporting structure
- Must be able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments.
- Ability to influence others including those in senior management
- Strong written and verbal skills, comfortable presenting to large and small groups
- Deep knowledge of and passion for Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite is a plus
- Experience in Deposits/Banking
- Ability to handle a high pressure, constantly changing environment
- Must be able to work onsite in San Francisco (as appropriate)
- Job Demands: Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience as a Scrum Master with financial services technology
- Any coding/development/analysis experience is a plus
- Certifications (CSM, CPM) *Strong experience and skills are MORE important than certs