Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Scrum Master
Location: New York, NY 10017
Term: 6 months
- Responsible for facilitating the scrum process on self-contained scrum teams with minimal cross-functional impacts.
- Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile/Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each Sprint.
- Uses empirical data to help the team(s) assess their Scrum Maturity , optimize scrum team velocity to organizational KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Proactively removes impediments to team agility and guides the team(s) on methods to escalate when needed to prevent challenges from becoming blockers.
- Coaches scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the Software Development Lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partners with discipline managers to convey their concerns to scrum teams about governance policies and adherence to corporate standards.
- Partners with Product Owner to ensure the continuous refinement of backlog, and that sprint goals are understood by the team(s).
- Facilitates and is accountable for owning the Scrum Agile ceremonies for the scrum team.
- Partners with Product owners, Program or Project Managers to communicate delivery of work product from the scrum team and escalates key risks and issues impeding scrum team effectiveness.
- Identifies skills and competencies of scrum team members and makes adjustments accordingly to promote development and highly effective teams.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Strong scrum master experience in agile environment preferably in Front Office Technology in investment banks.
- Business analysis and project management skills are preferable.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: practical Agile experience (i.e. Product Owner, Business Analyst, Developer on a scrum team) or practicing Scrum Master