Length: 12 Months
Location: Remote - Atlanta GA
Our client, an independent investment management company, is seeking a Scrum Master. As a Scrum Master you will support one or more teams contributing to strategic solution delivery. You will be responsible for ensuring the teams are high performing with respect to Agile/SCRUM guidelines and best practices that align to Team of Teams at scale. You will also be called upon to be an active contributor to driving adoption and continuous improvement of Agile across the organization.
- Guides and coaches the squad on how to effectively apply Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Coaches the squad in self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively, both internally and externally working within the Scrum team.
- Coordinates and collaborates with squad, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making in support of cross functional, multi-tiered initiatives.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all squad events (e.g., Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective)
- Manages each project’s scope and timeline
- Facilitates internal communication and effective collaboration.
- Acts as point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
- Works with product owners to prioritize backlogs and new requests
- Resolves conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Ensures deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guides development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Shields team from external influences not relevant to current sprint work
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity in Technology Infrastructure domain is a must
- Scrum Master Certification a plus
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where production releases occur in 2-4-week durations
- Ability to interpret burn down charts, SCRUM & Kanban boards to know the teams progress
- Ability to identify RISKS or ISSUES during the sprint and help team in resolution of issues which impede progress.
- Good exposure on sizing techniques used in agile process viz.
- Story Points Exposure using Agile Project Management tools such as JIRA
- Familiar with a wide array of Agile methodologies and frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe, LeSS, etc.)
- Experience motivating and mentoring staff and team members to change how they envisage and deliver their work
- Able to show success with improving team dynamics by helping them to autonomously and holistically identify and prioritize improvements and obstacles and to carry out improvement actions.
- Able to show experience in helping unlock potential and fulfil talent, using active listening, effective questioning, empathy and communication
- Familiar with Agile tools that support continuous predictable flow
- Experience interacting with business project sponsor, business subject matter experts and other key stakeholders for large organizational projects
- Able to influence and build relationships at all levels of staff
- Able to assess and coach improvement of agile maturity for individuals and teams
- The ability to multi-task on various projects/efforts and support items
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills