Our client, a top US retailer based in Phoenix, AZ metro area is looking for an SAP Functional Analyst specializing in SD and MM to join their growing team using state of the art technologies.
Position is remote to start and then must relocate to Arizona once Covid-19 restrictions are eased.
Under general supervision, the Functional Analyst II provides business value by evaluating and implementing additional functionality through configuration, testing, maintaining and deploying SAP software modules and other enterprise business systems. This role will report to the IT Merchandizing group and be responsible for design, development, and test of the various pricing/assortment functions. This person will provide expertise and deliver assigned tasks for production support as well as projects.
- Write functional requirements based on customers’ needs
- Research, recommend and develop functional solution design
- Create and maintain documentation including: Business Process Design (BPD) Documents, Functional Specifications (F-Specs), End User System Procedures, End-to-End Business Process flows, Knowledge Articles, User Stories, Use Cases and Scenarios
- Define business processes, improvements, and business objectives with focus on SAP specific software modules and integration points.
- Map the solution to business requirements according to standards and program principles, considering capacity, limitation and operation times
- Configure, maintains and deploy SAP software modules to support business processes
- Document the configuration
- Participate in peer reviews of requirement, functional specification and technical specification documents
- Ensure the SAP application’s integration and functionality is clearly articulated; provide expert advice in determining a best practice approach in deploying components
- Ensure adherence to Company’s best practices and ensures business value is delivered in accordance with business objectives
- Recommend systems and procedures to make operations more efficient and effective for the customer
- Manage vendor, material and customer master data from the business and technical perspectives
- Support and design and procurement process of the SAP ECC platform
- Formulate, drive and implement the roadmap to support ECC and future S/4HANA system
- Assist other functional and Business Systems Analysts in gathering and documenting business requirements and specifications for technical solutions and assist Quality Assurance Analysts in completing testing
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for their area, participate in related projects
- Test system updates, supporting user acceptance testing for workflow, reports, interfaces, enhancements, forms, patches, upgrades and maintenance packs
- Act as a liaison between the Business and the Development team to ensure functional requirements are understood and ensure development requirements are integrated
- Assist employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to processes, procedures and services
- Assist in the facilitation of User Acceptance testing for changes to the application
- Adhere to established timelines, Company’s best practices, ticketing system guidelines and SDLC procedures for delivering quality solutions which are defect-free, meeting Company and departmental standards and customer requirements
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Facilitate meetings, conference calls and assists with training customers as needed
- Act as escalation point for basic Help Desk support calls
- Troubleshoot end user and system issues
- Be able to diagnose and provide solution(s) to complex issues in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years of SAP system specific configuration and implementation experience.
- Experience with two or more SAP modules
- Knowledge of the key integration points with all SAP system specific modules and key design implications is highly desirable.
- Understanding of SAP ECC integration with other SAP systems and non-SAP systems is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of SAP master data elements, processes, and experience with master data configuration
- Experience with various solutions: vendor portals, master data, competitor pricing, vendor onboarding, etc.
- Proven understanding of Solution Manager and best practices as applied to design and delivery of solution is necessary.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and initiative to improve processes is crucial.
- Ability to identify complex problems, review information to develop and evaluate options then implement solutions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coach end-users is required.
- Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the Company including the ability to manage and respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.