MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling multiple positions around the country due to rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company and look towards career growth.
Do you excel with sales management? Do you have a love for operations and working with and overseeing people? This position may be for you!!!
The Sales team is responsible for delivering an outstanding shop-at-home experience for our customers, bringing a variety of products and, more importantly, expertise, directly to the place where the flooring will be installed, helping our customers choose the right product for their needs in a way traditional flooring stores can’t. Our Sales Organization must therefore effectively on-board, develop, and support our sales contractors to the highest professional level and ensure that every customer is given the best possible experience.
Reporting to the Market Manager, the Sales Manager is a key member of the market leadership team and has accountability for the market’s sales function.
The Sales Manager oversees, coaches, and drives the sales force to ensure achievement of sales plan for the market(s) owned. (S)he develops and owns delivery of the market’s daily, weekly, monthly, and annual Sales Plan, and is responsible for all activities related to the client’s sales activities in the market and for achieving the market’s growth and sales objectives.
The Sales Manager’s duties include:
Deliver the business
- Beat the market’s sales plan to over-deliver the market’s revenue plan at acceptable margin levels
- Manage all aspects of the market’s sales function in order to deliver:
- Outstanding customer experiences 100% of the time
- The highest level of support for sales representatives
- Manage and maintain rep count/capacity, calendars, and schedules to fully cover leads with few blocked time slots and adequate time for self-generated sales activities
- Ensure appropriate lead allocation
- Manage sales rep schedules and allocate appointments
- Field phone calls from sales reps and help mentor, coach and facilitate their ability to close new orders
- Provide daily and weekly motivation and support to sales reps
- Plan and deliver weekly educational and hot topic meetings with all sales contractors.
- Provide leadership and daily management of the market’s Assistant Sales Managers, Sales Administrators, and Outside Sales Employees (if any)
- Provide daily leadership, strategy and support to the market’s Sales Contractors (if any). Address any questions/ challenges of sales team including relative to compensation, behaviors, education, etc.) with the highest sense of urgency
- Provide guidance and education to struggling contractors to help them improve their businesses’ performance and ability to deliver outstanding experiences for customers
- Execute the daily, weekly, and monthly cadence of activities and sales and educational or hot topic meetings
- Maintain adequate supply of samples and sales materials
Develop the business
- Consistently use customer and non-customer feedback to identify and address issues, educational needs, and process gaps
- Improve service levels, team engagement, margin per lead, and overall revenue and margin by fully using company sales best-practices, resources, and education
- Drive recruitment, onboarding, education, performance growth, and achievement of the client’s mission and goals (including growth) through contractors and support employees.
- Embrace and drive full use of all resources, company initiatives, and departments across the client and Market Support
Operate the business
- Consistently grow revenue. Grow profit at a rate greater than revenue growth.
- Establish and deliver market’s Sales performance to an annual Plan.
- Provide regular forecasts and updates of actual vs plan
- Forecast contractor and staffing needs for seasonal business changes and increased volume; plan in anticipation of needs
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in consumer sales or sales management roles, with prior experience in a route-based / outside / in-home direct sales environment and at least 3 of:
- a home improvement / high average ticket product that includes financing
- an environment that prioritizes a first-call close
- a high volume setting (4+ sales appointments per day and 10+ direct reports)
- a highly-leveraged compensation system (rep-level variable comp at 60% or higher of TAE)
- Minimum of 3 years sales management experience in a route-based / outside / in-home direct sales setting. Experience in multiple of the above settings is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability as a manager to repeatedly hit quota and grow territory revenue while achieving quality and productivity targets (and improvement)
- Demonstrated ability to improve team performance over time through recruiting, retention, and education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Proficient computer skills with fluency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication and persuasive skills