MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in filling multiple positions around the country due to rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to expand your career and work with a well known company and look towards career growth.
Do you excel with sales management? Do you have a love for operations and working with and overseeing people? This position may be for you!!!
This position is responsible for managing the regional and local (Home Base) sales aspects of the markets by providing the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the local market and assigned Markets has lead management and sales contractors in place to effectively grow and achieve the market’s revenue and profitability objectives. This position plans, organizes, and implements sales programs for assigned markets.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish sales objectives with market Sales Manager that support the attainment of the corporate revenue and profit objectives and anticipated business levels. Ensure sales goals and forecasts are consistent with the company’s long-range strategic objectives.
- In conjunction with Sales Manager, prepare monthly sales and lead forecasts and the sales contractor staffing requirements necessary to achieve them. Track monthly performance to this staffing goal.
- Develop the training and internal staffing necessary to properly support the at-large sales force. Provide mentoring on sales techniques, the sales process, lead management, and forecasting/planning.
- Implement sales programs to meet/exceed revenue plan, expense goals, and increase customer satisfaction. Participate in planning company marketing, media, and sales strategy to increase lead quality and quantity.
- Work closely with marketing and other top executives to develop pricing strategies.
- Review, establish and/or modify the organization plan with emphasis on providing an effective team. Review job descriptions, measure of performance, and the qualifications required for key personnel. Ensure decision-making responsibilities are clear. Revise as required.
- Identify early market, industry and customer trends in addition to external market forces and take corrective action as required to boost the productivity of the sales force and markets in general.
- Work with call center operations to maximize lead creation and consistency.
- Review sales rep requirements. Streamline procedure, paperwork and policy to place maximum emphasis on sales activities.
- Review sales rep compensation plans and balance the need for highly motivated sales reps with direct margin requirements.
- Monitor sales results through quantitative reporting, personal observation, and performance to plan.
- Devise presentations and enforce proper cross-sale activity and focus on referrals and self-generated business.
- Review sales contractor turn-over data to troubleshoot issues and resolve as necessary.
- Working with market General Manager, ensure operations and sales work together to maximize sales, margins, and the customer experience.
- Conduct weekly structured sales status meetings to discuss problems, plan and adjust resources, communicate policy, review trending toward sales objectives, and develop initiatives for continual improvement. Foster the active participation of key assistants
- Monitor Net Promoter Scores to resolve any outstanding customer issues and monitor excessive allowances. Identify and correct root causes of customer sales complaints, such as bad conduct or missed appointments.
- Review sales performance data in Siebel Analytics and coach individual markets based on results. Recognize trends as well as both good and poor performance early, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Ensure an effective follow-up system is in place for all quoted but unsold leads as well as for all cancelled orders to maximize company revenue. Require local market adherence to this policy.
- Ensure proper lead allocation with an emphasis on assigning leads to top reps and minimizing drive times.
- Devise regional, local, and product specific sales incentive plans and contests as necessary and within appropriate budget.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing associates, monitoring and assessing performance, and ensuring staffing levels are appropriate.
- Work with Purchasing and Product management to identify new trends in products, customer demands, and improve the overall sales rep product presentation.
- Continuously improve skills and expertise through workshops, seminars, and professional associations.
- Work with assigned markets to reach sales objectives while simultaneously maintaining focus of local (Home Base) market responsibilities
- 50% travel required
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Ideal candidates would have come from organizations where they had direct responsibility for revenues in excess of $100mm, in a company with overall revenues of $1billion+ with experience developing customer service/quality programs to help improve the customer experience. 5+ years of verifiable retail operations management experience and success in a regional leadership role. Knowledge of process improvement concepts and measuring quality.
- Skills: High level of organization and analytical skills. Ability to use business key metrics to drive accountability and change. Excellent customer service and sales skills. Able to effectively communicate with various levels of management and demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times. Flexibility in a rapidly changing work environment. Work independently and be a self-starter. Ability to multitask and delegate in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work quickly and create interim solutions until permanent tool/process is available. Able to run a disciplined and structured environment. Strong commitment to quality service. Team oriented. Ability to travel nearly a minimum of 60% on an overnight basis. Highly motivated with a sense of urgency.
- Physical Ability: Associate will spend a majority of time (i.e., 75%) overseeing sales efforts; using hands and arms to work on a computer which requires using a keyboard to enter data and/or send and respond to emails. The ability to walk and stand while conducting information sessions for sales reps. Associate will be able to physically and mentally perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. The ability to report to work on a regular basis.
- Work Environment: This position is located in an office/cubicle setting and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Type A personality, strong person to manage people's expectations (not be pushed around and do things others do not want to do)
- Likeable, work with and push back on type of work
- Technology Saavy
- Strong sales leader - has been on road before and understands rejection
- Be cheerleader and be positive, help sales people get through their day
- Sales coaching / mentoring / someone who can listen
- Potentially move up to Sales Manager position
- Internal sales or retail background is OKAY - managing from a desk right now
- Must have managed 7-10 people at a minimum (preferably sales people)
- Need to have previous experience managing 1099 sales people - people who "eat what they kill" - different mentality
IS Home Services / B to C experience / Flooring
- If we find someone who is not local to one of the specified locations but willing to relocate, does the client offer any type of relocation assistance? We are happy to speak with candidates that are open to relocation, however, we don’t offer elaborate relocation packages. Based on the person’s needs, we would negotiate a sign-on to cover relocation.
- Are the locations we are recruiting for already established or will these people we are recruiting “setting up” these locations? The markets are already established
- Mileage is reimbursed and a laptop and company cell phone are provided.