Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity!
Position: Safety/Environmental Coordinator
Location: Dunedin, FL, 34698
Term: 15 months (10/05/2020 to 12/31/2021)
- Ability to fill in for Safety and Environmental Manager, as needed
- Have knowledge of and works within corporate requirements, OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Assist with assessment, strategy, planning of safety and environmental functions and programs.
- Able to respond to and provide support during on-site emergencies and safety/environmental incidents.
- Accountable to ensure ISO and Corporate audit requirements are current and corrective actions performed.
- Assist with workers compensation program management, including response to injuries/illnesses, substance abuse results, DART (days away, restricted, transfer of duties), and communication with carrier.
- Work with the Environmental and Safety Compliance Calendars on filing regulatory documents and plans of various regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, EPA).
- Manage the development and filing of documentation for the Integrated Management System.
- Effectively utilize Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, other PC and management programs.
- Effectively utilize basic technical math skills, basic grammar, and technical writing skills.Oversee and manage safety programs and/or procedures for existing, modified or new equipment/ line installations (i.e. LOTO, Machine Guarding).
- Work with and develop relationships with associates at all levels to identify, correct safety/environmental hazards throughout the facility.
- Coordinate and maintain safety and environmental system requirements for Integrated Management System.
- Verify, validate and enter program related data into designated systems.
- Demonstrated daily leadership and associate development responsibilities.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Experience with environmental and safety reporting
- Minimum of 2 years educational background in safety, environmental or related field required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in Safety/Environmental or related work experience. Work experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Reporting Relationships
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Word.
- General knowledge and understanding of OSHA, EPA and other governmental regulations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Ability to work on projects independently and under minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate good attendance and work on all shifts, as required.
- Ability to work extended hours, as required.
- Ability to work with individuals and teams to manage and direct significant projects.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Prior experience with Worker Compensation processes preferred.
- Physical agility including climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, and lifting minimum of 50 lbs.
- Willingness to participate in any necessary training to gain additional knowledge where necessary and to keep up-to-date on related industry and regulatory areas