Role: SaaS Systems Engineer - Messaging & Collaboration
Location: Remote, any US City
12 month Contract, contract-to-hire potential
- Research, re-design, and build detailed solutions/repeatable patterns (run books) for internal BT and end-users, transitioning knowledge to BT Service Desk, and provide
- 3rd level support when advance troubleshooting is required.
- The ideal candidate is an expert Google messaging, collaboration, and productivity product engineer who has proven experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining a standard delivery operation model.
- This role’s focus is collaboration and productivity services: Google Workspace, Slack, Proofpoint, and Atlassian Technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer guidance to manage all aspects of the messaging and collaboration environments
- Support users and the Service Desk with issues related to connectivity and usability to the collaboration systems, which includes escalated support for client issues, message tracking, and
- Manage backend services as relates to Collaboration systems.
- Review and maintain scheduled tasks related to Google Workspace and Search
- Review and update policies for Slack and Atlassian Technologies.
- Review and update policies for Proofpoint Technologies.
- Provide and follow best practices for collaboration architectures.
- Plan and document changes in the environment
- Create and manage automation and integrations between services.
- Security Support
- Manage the overall security of the collaboration environment
- Must be familiar with documenting, enabling, and supporting the use of email encryption
- Release emails blocked due to RTF rule or false positive spam score
- Use message trace to monitor email delivery and threats
- Create and manage encryption rules
- Configure and manage DKIM services
- Support and maintain e-discovery and content search
- Manage permissions for all Google, Slack, Proofpoint, and Atlassian related resources
- Review global outages and communication issues to BT leadership
- Run Analytic reports as needed for collaboration products for BT and Security leadership
- Experience in defining/generating reports and metrics.
- Must have the ability to work closely with other Vendors and BT on issues
- Must be able to work with vendors to introduce new collaborative and innovative features to the collaboration environment
- Submit Change Management items to CAB as needed
- Ability to create scripts to invoke changes and gather data
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience desired.
- We will consider candidates with relevant IT industry certifications (Okta, ITIL, GPCE, MCSA, MCITP, or MCTS).
- Deep knowledge of messaging technologies and protocols
- Strong understanding of Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DKIM records
- Basic knowledge of scripting (PowerShell, Bash, and Python)
- Knowledge of using REST APIs
- Will be required to be accessible 24x7 in case of emergency
- Strong written and oral communications skills, specifically technical documentation.