This leading digital product development company has an immediate 12+ month contract opportunity for a Ruby on Rails Developer. Can work 100% remotely from anywhere in the United States. This position requires at least 5 years of RoR development experience.
- 5-7+ years of Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Deeply understand the Ruby programming language, the Rails framework, and libraries like Resque and RSpec.
- Familiar with architectural concepts like MVC and RESTful and testing concepts like stubbing and mocking.
- Experience with deploying applications to PaaS platforms like Heroku and/or with container technologies like Kubernetes.
- Ability to communicate effectively by text, video, and voice, including switching modalities to maximize effectiveness.
- Implement and test responsive, cross-platform web applications.
- Write stories (use cases, technical and functional requirements), tests and code.
- Help guide clients towards effective solutions that balance technical requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate closely with teammates and clients to balance the desire for technical excellence with the need for delivery.
- Attend development meetings (stand-ups, kick-offs, retrospectives) and design sessions with teams and clients.
- Inspire fellow nerds, future clients, our students, and the community at large by writing, speaking, contributing to open-source software, and demonstrating our collective expertise and experience.