This international industry leader has an immediate full-time opening in Talladega, AL for an RF Systems Engineer. In addition to a generous salary, relocation assistance is available. This position requires an RF engineer with legacy and possibly AESA radar experience to run this test facility. Position is onsite and cannot be performed remotely.
The RF Systems Engineer develops requirements, researches, plans, develops, analyzes and tests a variety of RF Electronic Equipment and Systems, including AESA RADAR, Legacy RADAR, Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems, Processors, Interface Units and other electronic devices such as; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
The RF Systems Engineer will also perform requirements analysis, technical planning, architectural development, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk management, component obsolescence analysis, functional analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into systems specifications.
• Analyze AESA RADAR/Legacy RADAR Systems along with EW Systems and determine developmental capabilities to Test/Repair Sub-Systems
• Conceptualize, analyze, design, and oversee AESA RADAR, Legacy RADAR, and EW complex systems level architecture design.
• Lead the integration of AESA RADAR, Legacy RADAR, and EW complex systems
• Develop Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), and run validation testing
• Participate in design reviews
• Manage an Engineering Project, controlling cost, schedule, and technical risk
• Ability to troubleshoot AESA RADAR, Legacy RADAR and EW Electrical/Electronic assemblies/sub-assemblies
• Develop Electrical Schematics
• Investigate subassemblies for incorporation into designs
• Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
• Proficiency with AESA RADAR, Legacy RADAR, and EW Technology
• Aerospace or defense industry experience
• Proficient in MS Office include MS Projects
• Proficiency with Technical writing and development of Statements of Work (SOW)
• Troubleshooting and testing experience
• Analysis experience
• Design Experience
• Verification and Validation experience
• AutoCAD/Solid Works is a plus
• Mentor graphics is a plus
• Component obsolescence analysis
• C++, LabVIEW and Test Stand Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years of experience required.
- Specific Degree Field: RF Systems Engineering.
* Requires US Citizenship in order to obtain DOD Security Clearance.