Title: Residential Underwriter
Location: Century City, CA
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Relationship Management Team Support, we document, process and underwrite both residential and commercial loans. We provide exceptional client service to internal and external partners. We support our Relationship Managers in all aspects of the loan process to ensure that we are delivering a seamless lending experience to our clients.
Responsible for helping Relationship managers with all the stages in the residential loan process, from initial underwriting through loan closing. Ensure that all SFR, and 1-4 units loans are analyzed, underwritten, and processed in a timely manner while achieving a high level of customer service. This role may include analysis of other loan types including but not limited to complex multifamily residential loans. Also provide a wide range of sales, service, administrative and acting as a liaison between the Relationship Manager, his/her clients, internal employees, and 3rd party vendors
What you’ll do as a Residential Underwriter:
- Underwrite complex home loans and HELOCs for high net worth borrowers.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 5-7 years’ experience with underwriting and related analysis, including experience with manually underwritten and/or non-conforming loan amounts
- 3-5 years’ experience with residential loan processing,
- Work experience in residential real estate loan underwriting is required.
- Experience reviewing complex financial documents such as personal and/or business tax returns and financial statements
- Expert-level knowledge of overall lending processes, including underwriting, funding, and loan processing
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities is essential while delivering desired results
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively manage the expectations of multiple internal/external constituents.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Strong knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis, tax returns and balance sheet analysis, including cash flow analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), TILA RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Customer Information Program (CIP), Right to Financial Privacy Act (RFPA, state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).
- Additional work experience with an emphasis on customer service preferred.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
- May be required to lift 25-50lbs.
Own your work and your career - apply now