Residential Loan Specialist
Century City, CA
This is a fantastic Full-Time opportunity with one of the fastest growing banks in the country that specializes in client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
The Residential Loan Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all Residential loans are processed and underwritten in a timely manner while meeting all regulatory compliance and achieving a high level of customer service. Responsibilities primarily focus on processing, underwriting, customer care and relationship management.
Compensation is extremely strong which includes a highly competitive base + quarterly production and discretionary bonuses + full health, dental, benefits, PTO, 401k, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze each loan file, ensuring the Loan Approval Worksheet (LAW form), loan narrative (if applicable), appraisal(s), application, preliminary title report and verifications meet secondary market and First Republic Bank loan program criteria and are accurately documented.
- Utilize and apply FNMA, QM, ATR and investor guidelines to ensure that all loans comply with industry standards & guidelines.
- Underwrites all types of income, all product types including salable residential mortgage loans and evaluate risk while ensuring the quality of each loan submitted.
- Validates the data entry to the appropriate Loan Origination System and evaluate all applicable documentation as required by job function and conditions loan accordingly.
- Maintains knowledge of loan product guidelines, internal policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews applications and all pertinent disclosures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, investor requirements and bank policies are met and upheld
- Maintains an open line of communication and correspondence between involved parties
- Ability to meet productivity expectations in a fast paced, high volume environment with pipeline and conditions management, while maintaining acceptable quality and client satisfaction results.
- Providing excellent customer service and ensuring the customer relationship is maintained and the highest possible level
- 3 years' experience with residential loan processing, underwriting and related analysis.
- Extensive work experience in residential real estate loan underwriting is required.
- Previous experience working for a large or boutique bank or credit union vs. mortgage brokerage firm.
- Expert level knowledge of overall lending processes, including loan processing, underwriting and funding.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities is essential while delivering desired results
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills with ability to effectively manage the expectations of multiple internal/external constituents.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to quickly understand complex problems and recommend solutions.
- Strong knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis, tax returns and balance sheet analysis, including cash flow analysis.
- Effective written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook