Position: Residential Loan Closing Generalist
Location: New York, NY
Term: 2 Months
About our client
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.
- Lending Services is looking for a skilled lending professional to join our Lending Services Residential Closing team.
- As a Contingent, Residential Loan Closing Generalist, you will be responsible for the accurate and complete preparation of loan closing documentation and timely funding for Single Family 1-4 unit residential loans.
- You will manage both the closing and funding functions in an environment of constantly changing deadlines without losing the required high level of accuracy and production.
- You will also make recommendations for job-specific operational improvements, such as efficiency, cost reduction, customer service and risk reduction.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, feel comfortable working with various levels of staff / management, possess the ability to process information quickly and make the necessary adjustments to workflows and reprioritize workload based on fluctuating deadlines.
- This position requires the coordination and support of multiple priorities of various functions within Lending Services as well as many other departments within the organization.
- Prepare and review loan closing and funding documentation in an accurate and timely manner for a range of SFR 1-4 loan products: Modestly complex borrower entities Detached, condo and co-op property types Permanent and line of credit purposes Work with internal business partners at various levels to research and resolve transaction concerns.
- Complete prefunding and assist post-closing with any closing errors/corrections as necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of lending products, services, systems, and processes in order to provide expert and up-to-date client service.
- Recognize issues that demand escalation, determine the appropriate Bank contact, and act as liaison between the client and relevant group(s) in order to successfully resolve issues.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities or as assigned by supervisor. Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High school diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in banking/lending industry.
- Experience in loan operations or related lending, preferred.
- Must possess intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of residential and commercial loan systems (Netoxygen, TotalPlus, ML and/or IL) and operations, a plus.
- Proactive individual able to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with other bank partners is critical.
- Demonstrated skills in organization and strong attention to detail.
- Quick learner and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff at various levels.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.