Role: User Experience Researcher
Location: Remote (Central or Eastern timezone)
Our Global SaaS Identity Leader client is growing its User Research function. These roles will focus exclusively on executing pre-planned out research projects.
This role will have a unique focus for the majority of their work. Responsible for execution and analysis of research. Research objectives and methodologies will largely be pre-set, however of course we’re open to having a discussion as to what the best approach may be. Research Plans will exist for all of the work to be done, including motivation and goals, research questions, participant audience and recruiting methods, research methodology and script, and any tools needed to conduct the research.
You will be expected to be able to execute the provided research plans using the resources we will provide to you (e.g. recruiting pipelines, tools, etc) as well as conduct analysis and synthesis of your findings to be shared first with the Research team and then more broadly within the company. Researchers are not expected to make recommendations.
Key responsibilities for each contractor will be as follows:
We have built a considerable backlog of research studies that will impact our product roadmap as well as identify strategic opportunities for different product and feature teams.
Your work will consist of a series of individual and independent research studies covering a variety of topics and audiences. You will share the results of each study as you finish.
Expected workload: ~30 hours/week.
Expected outcome: 6-10 completed research studies.
Journey Maps & Archetypes
We are in need of developing a better understanding of our customers and users. In order to do so, we will conduct a series of journey map interviews in order to extract patterns which will inform the development of personas and archetypes.
Your work will consist of one research project that will span a wide variety of customers and audiences and will ultimately culminate in a large set of findings and archetype development.
Expected workload: ~20 hours/week.
Expected outcome: 3-5 archetypes.
- Positions may be focused on on each area one week, all research backlog the next or all Journey Maps & Archetypes for example. Generally will be mainly focused on one but this outlines the main areas of focus and work that will be completed.
- Researcher should be capable of executing research, analyzing the results, and sharing their findings with minimal oversight.
- Researcher is expected to learn our Research Process and be able to execute that process according to the standards and requirements set.
- Researchers will be interacting with existing customers and should demonstrate appropriate professionalism and demeanor when doing so.
- Due to the remote and globally distributed nature of both our employees and customers, written communication is paramount. You will be expected to be an effective and frequent communicator in order to share progress updates as well as the outcomes of your research.
- You should be familiar with common Research methodologies (Card Sorting, In-Depth Interviews, Usability Studies, Contextual Inquiries, Ethnographic/Observational Research, etc) as well as a variety of common tools (e.g. Zoom, Confluence, Miro).