Position: Business Analyst
Location: Remote, work 6:00 AM PST/9:00 EST to 3:00 PM PST/6:00 PM EST
Duration: 12 Months
Our client, a global wireless telecommunications provider and industry leader in the development and implementation of IoT (Internet of Things) solutions across multiple and diverse industry verticals is seeking a Business Analyst to join a dynamic team of industry experts working within a hybrid Waterfall/Agile environment. The ideal candidate will bring additional experience in database analysis, business process and product lifecycle management. The position requires a candidate who is not just able to transcribe requirement but able to anticipate and understand customer requirements and convey those requirements to technical stakeholders. You will be joining a team of industry experts delivering leading edge IoT solutions to the various industry verticals. Specific experience with Connected Car and 5G would be a plus.
- Elicit, compile, analyze and document requirements for a IoT Projects. Understands scope of work, business issues and needs that translate into requirements to create the overall solution.
- Work within a hybrid Waterfall / Agile life cycle framework.
- Drives collaboration from Cross Functional team to capture and develop, succinct, traceable project requirements as well as mediate and drives issue resolution with the requirements.
- Work in conjunction with data and application architects, as well as system stakeholders and subject matter experts, to document existing business workflow and data models.
- Deduce functional requirements for a new system and produce several prioritized user stories that will be used to develop the new system within an Agile framework. During development, the analyst will work closely with business partners, subject matter experts, and technical team members in the ongoing definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements. The analyst will participate in regular stand-up meetings with both technology and business partners to achieve these goals.
- Gather and manage business requirements, functional requirements, and data requirements
- In addition to requirements packages, prepares onboarding documents, prepares user experience flows, participates in grooming sessions, manages requirements traceability & traceability changes, manages artifacts, as well as develops reference and resource materials.
- Act as customer facing requirements liaison, leading requirements sessions and participating in JAD sessions
- Develop user’s stories for development
- Must be willing to proactively ask pertinent probing questions as well as listen intently to discern when something may impact requirements.
- Must be technically astute as well as comfortable translating inputs into solid, succinct and traceable requirements.
- Work with technical and QA resources to maintain traceability of requirements to design components and test scripts
- Assist in development of test scripts and verification of requirements
- Serve as the primary support to the Business Process Specialist and will assist with guiding the project. This person may take the lead on various tasks throughout the TO.
- Must be able to work hours to facilitate meetings and deliverables across all US time zones
- 3 - 5 years of experience in building and specifying mission critical business applications within an Agile framework
- Proven experience in writing requirements, technical writing/documentation and realizing end to end product development from concept to production.
- Expertise in requirements management (Agile and Waterfall), SDLC, business process, applications and systems (especially AT&T Tech Dev, Mobility and IOT), negotiation skills, conflict resolution, driving collaboration, interpreting contract and SOW language for creation of requirements, and conducting technical evaluations.
- Wireless telecommunication domain product experience
- Experience in developing IoT solutions and strategies. 5G prior experience preferred
- Experience working in the operating units of an IoT Telecommunications Company
- Exceptional communications skills - written and oral
- Working with customers to define user stories
- Previous experience with Jasper
- Previous Connected Car and/or 5G experience
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master)
- SAFe certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, or technical training