Title: Development Operations Release Manager - Salesforce
Location: San Francisco, California
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support the company’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Information Services team, the Client Cycle Management team drives the vision to create an industry leading, client-centric technology experience. The team is looking for forward thinking, action oriented individuals to help drive the implementation and development of innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
This position supports development and implementation of Client Lifecycle Management’s technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within the company to ensure that our client experience maintains the highest standards of the Bank. He/she/they must be a highly motivated, quality driven build/release engineer for the team. The DevOps Engineer - Salesforce will consistently deliver release solutions meeting the highest standards. Collaboration with COE development and vendor partners is fundamental to achieve and maintain alignment across the program and enterprise. The qualified applicant thinks outside the box and works closely with others to design and implement the consistent and successful model for Release Planning and Execution. Integrating their model seamlessly across the multiple development teams interacting with the platform and advancing our initiatives. While strategic thinking and coordination are important elements of this role, this individual will be required to take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverable preparation and other related activities across various IS groups.
What you’ll do as a Development Operations Release Manager - Salesforce:
- Champion the Build/Release Engineer (DevOps) needs for continuous integration and continuous delivery while maintaining focus on quality of service.
- Performance, load, and simulation testing
- Organized and capable of managing multiple complex projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality, and comfortable working with dynamically evolving requirements
- Strong business orientation with broad experience in financial services processes and change initiatives.
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business
- Experienced in process evaluation and re-engineering within a Business Process Management framework.
- Focused on development/ improvement of release train to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
- Extraordinary appetite to problem solving and innovation.
- Leadership Skills/Competency
- Proven ability to build high performing teams and motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results in a rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership
- Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
- Personal Skills/Competency
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder
- Design, implement & enforce DevOps best practices, establish standards and policies for managing source code and continuous integration/delivery
- Collaborate closely with architects and engineers to develop the CI/CD pipeline.
- Monitor the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build/release failures
- Drive to define and enforce cross-organization standard methodologies for improving code quality, performance and security compliance.
- Strong experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Micro-service architectures. .
- Experience with automation/configuration management.
- Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- 10 + years of experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on release engineer on complex systems architecture
- Professional Skills/Competency
- Proficient in multiple current generation development languages and platforms including
- Jenkins, GitHub, Maven
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
- Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now