Highly Regarded Teaching Hospital with Outstanding Culture
Position: Regulatory and Quality Analyst
Term: 3 Months
- Collaborates with business, technical, and clinical leadership to plan, develop, implement, and analyze highly-complex clinical informatics systems. Designs internal processes to distribute reports and/or dashboards to ensure an optimal and efficient user experience and functionality, integrity, and reliability of systems.
- Performs highly complex quality assurance testing along with writing and executing SQL (Structured Query Language) queries for enhanced and complex medical data access. Plans, develops and documents design and deployment processes, workflows, and results.
- Identifies opportunities for performance improvement for clinically related safety indicators for both process and outcome metrics. Assignment includes projects with clinical complexity and organization-wide scope and involves understanding of numerous variables and interrelationships that lead to new recommendations.
- Consults with department leaders and process owners to gather and clarify data and reporting requirements for highly-complex outcome improvement solutions and regulatory and quality analytics.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots highly-complex data errors and problems, designing, testing, and applying advanced functional solutions. Evaluates data sources for relevance, integrity and accuracy. Identifies issues and collaborates on solutions to data management challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of business intelligence functions, advanced analytics, industry standards and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in internal databases, BI applications, tools, and systems.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage highly-complex information, assess problems, and develop effective solutions.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, with the ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner. Ability to produce and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Advanced interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with managers, professional and technical staff.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of clinical standard terminology, clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies, adoption of technology.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant clinical informatics software and systems, and of the highly-complex concepts, principles, policies, methodologies, techniques, best practices, regulations, and standards practices involved with patient care and electronic medical data management in the UC health care system.
- Advanced expertise in Epic clinical and administrative workflows.
- Epic Clarity Data Model and/or Epic Radar and/or Epic Reporting Workbench with 3-5 years application reporting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills, to convey highly technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users in a clear and concise manner, to provide technical support, and to develop and deliver training materials as needed.
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced Certification or equivalent experience/training
- Five years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting preferably academic medical center environment
- Epic Clarity Data Model certification
- Epic Radar
- Epic Reporting Workbench
- Epic Ambulatory or Inpatient Clin Doc