Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Real Estate Accountant
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74119
Term: 4 months
- Completes intermediate to advanced level accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages.
- Creates and posts journal entries.
- Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Generates and reviews financial packages for accuracy and comprehensive reporting.
- Prepares packages on a schedule to ensure timely delivery to the client and other management teams.
- Adheres to Client Accounting Policies and Procedures (CAPP) to ensure internal and external reporting requirements are consistently met.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements. Researches open accounting issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Participates in budgeting and forecasting for assigned property portfolio, new property and client transitions, and client audit requests.
- Assists in training team members on portfolio specific transitions. Monitors scope of services delivered and provides feedback to manager regarding any changes in scope.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- A solid 2+ year Real Estate Accountant
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of related experience and/or training including 2+ years professional level accounting experience, preferably 2+ years experience in general accounting, A/P, A/R clerical and/or entry level accountant positions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with management, employees, and auditors.
- Must have the ability to convey financial issues to non-financial users.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis. Follows accounting practices to ensure optimum client satisfaction while guaranteeing CBRE financial interests are protected.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with automated accounting and financial management systems