Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is one of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies. Come be a part of how digitalization, globalization, urbanization, demographic change, and climate change are transforming our world.
Position: RAMS Engineer
Location: New York New York 10001
Term: 3 months
- Establish system requirements with regard to reliability, availability, maintainability and safety using customer requirements and country-specific legal standards.
- Ensure that required approvals and operating licenses are obtained as scheduled. Also ensure that necessary documents (hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, safety cases, etc.) are available for approvals.
- Act as the intermediary between the project and approval authority; support project execution by coordinating requirements with the Project Manager, Systems Engineers, Suppliers and Customers.
- Perform RAM and Safety Analyses, FMEA and FTA to identify faults within the systems and operations.
- Ensure process adherence throughout the SDLC within the scope of responsibility.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 4 - 8 years of experience as a RAMS engineer, RAMS manager, software developer, or validator for complex and safety-critical Railroad, Nuclear Plant, Aircraft and/or Automotive systems.
- Experience with System and Software Development Processes.
- Knowledge of fail-safe, vital and redundant design principles.
- Experience with Design Diversity and Checked Redundancy Safety Assurance Concepts.
- Minimum of 3 years on the job knowledge regarding.
- Quality assurance (processes & reviews).
- Verification & Validation (software).
- Ability to focus on the task at hand despite concurrent assignments.
- Knowledge of safety-critical coding standards (e.g., MISRA).
- Collaboration and management skills.
Even better if you have:
- On the job experience with following techniques: FMEA, RBD, FTA, Markov Chains.
- RAMS relevant standards (IEEE-1483, MIL-882, IEC-61508, and AREMA).
- Hands-on knowledge of Interface Hazard Analysis (EN50159).
- Experience with Cyber Security (IEC-62443).
- Strategic thinking.
- Different management styles.
- Working in an international environment.
- Customer interaction.
- Relationship with legal authorities.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!