Highly Regarded Teaching Hospital with Outstanding Culture
Position: Quality Improvement Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA 94115
Term: 2 months
- Performs timely and accurate reporting of quality data to appropriate internal departments and to external benchmarking organizations, specifically reports and documents that support the UCSF Medical Center’s Magnet Recognition designation.
- In collaboration with the Magnet Program Director and INEx Team Members, designs, prepares, maintains and accurate data files and timely reports, and identify trends to support UCSF Medical Center Magnet designation.
- Work collaboratively with other UCSF departments to develop processes to efficiently and accurately extract and aggregate data from various hospital quality systems to meet Magnet specifications and requirements, including measurement against national, external benchmarks.
- Develops and deploys quality assurance data techniques to identify potential data errors, avoiding reporting or submission of erroneous information. Escalates errors in data or opportunities for process improvements related to data collection, aggregation and reporting.
- Submit accurate and timely data to external benchmarking organizations (e.g. NDNQI) in support of Magnet designation
- Analyzes and interprets large, complex datasets, and summarizes statistical findings. Develops corresponding reports, dashboards and, presentations, including executive level summaries. Develops methodology to capture timely and accurate data, measuring performance to desired outcomes, utilizing a variety of programming languages to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop report formats which support needs of end-users, such as performance to goals, historical trends and comparison to benchmark, for a variety of different stakeholder groups
- Assist clinical leaders and managers in understanding and using their unit’s quality data and conducts in-depth analysis to support improvement projects and investigate performance deficits.
- Provides technical guidance during development of performance improvement projects and programs to ensure initiative outcomes can be measured against pre-implementation performance
- Utilizes data to identify statistical trends, and potential issues in clinical outcomes, making recommendations for action to the appropriate clinical leaders
- Recognizes opportunities to enhance data integrity and report formats, offering improved solutions to end users , utilizing a variety of programming and visualization languages and programs
- Uses process improvement methods and strategies to support performance improvement goals
- Establishes systems and processes for management of critical data requirements necessary to support department of nursing initiatives within the scope of INEx responsibilities.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Quality, Clinical Informatics, APeX, etc.) to develop innovative, integrated, and cost-effective data solutions which support data dissemination and performance improvement goals for the Department of Nursing
- Manage INEx assigned Department of Nursing’s data systems, such as “Salesforce”, including provision of system access and technical support for users
- Collaborates on development of appropriate data reporting structures to support data quality reviews
- Collaborates to develop communication documents to disseminate performance improvement information to managers and staff
- Communicates gaps, problems, or threats to data integrity and management, working with key stakeholders to resolve these issues
- Provides support to individual teams, studies or initiatives, as needed to support the work of the Nursing Departments, within the responsibilities of INEx.
- Collaborates on project teams using process improvement methods and strategies to effectively support the project goals.
- Participate on nursing committees and other quality improvement forums, as requested.
- Support the management of nursing performance improvement activities/initiatives, such as prevalence studies, case studies and abstract development
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years of similar work experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Thorough knowledge of QI models, measurement tools, and techniques, including collection, aggregation, abstraction, validation, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Detail oriented, with ability to effectively manage time, see projects through to completion, organize competing priorities, and effectively address complex, urgent issues as they arise.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage multiple levels of information and responsibilities, to quickly assess complex problems, and to develop and implement timely and effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills for collaborating effectively with a broad range of clinical and technical staff and representatives of external agencies.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communications, with the ability to convey complex clinical and technical information in a clear and concise manner, and to produce high-quality reports and documentation.
- Advanced-level knowledge and skill with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong knowledge and skill with database programs and SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Programming Experience (such as R, Visual Basic and/or MATLAB)
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, health sciences, other health-related fields, information sciences, or a combination of comparable education and / or experience.
- Experience with process improvement (Lean) and meeting effectiveness methodology
- Experience with statistical analysis applications (e.g., SPSS, SAS)
- Experience with Salesforce applications.
- Experience with Epic Clarity Report Writing, Crystal Reports, or similar experience.
- Experience with data visualization programs, such as Tableau
- CPHQ Certification (NAHQ)
- Epic Certification