Job Description: Quality Control Technician - Utility Construction
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Seeking a Quality Control Technician for a position supporting wireline construction projects primarily in the outside plant (OSP) networks. As a Quality Control Technician, you will work directly with the field crews performing the construction work to ensure the work is completed, meets the required standards, and associated quality of workmanship. As work is completed and approved the candidate will take photographs, measurements, and update daily production reporting.
- Work with and Monitor Construction Crews
- Ensure that Safety Protocols are being followed
- Ensure that the buried Fiber Cable is at the proper depth and distance from the curb
- Ensure Start and Stop times are followed
- Read and Interpret Construction Prints
- Take Measurements and Update Construction Prints
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly Reporting
- Use iPad / Computer as appropriate
- Other duties as necessary
- Previous experience working with Utilities, Right of Way (ROW), etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work outside in a construction environment
- The ability to communicate and work with field crews firmly and fairly
- Must be able to pass background check, drug screen, and department of motor vehicle check
- Previous OSP QA experience desired but not required.
- After 2 weeks of on the job training the candidate must be able to demonstrate that they can perform the QC work
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to use Computers / iPads
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required but help the candidate stand out)
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Understanding of local, OSHA and municipal codes that pertain to this type of work
- Previous Military experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Notes: The Quality Control Technician - Utility Construction will be responsible for using their own cell phone and will be driving a company provided truck.