Position: Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
Term: 4 months
- Perform all testing activities required to validate the portfolio of related business applications and interfaces in the portfolio.
- Analyzing business requirements and developing detailed test plans, test scenarios, and test cases. Perform testing activities for Java, COBOL, CICS, and batch programs on distributed platforms.
- Develop and adhere to standard Software Quality Assurance methodologies and best practices.
- Identify tests based on system specifications and/ or business needs and perform defect management activities.
- Responsible for identifying testing issues and risks and reporting them to the Testing Lead.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years’ of experience as a tester for mainframe and distributed systems and experience with Database technologies like Oracle, Db2.
- 5 years’ of experience with database technologies such as Oracle, Db2 including queries and data verification.
- Understand the differences in testing objectives and how to build a test schedule and construct appropriate testing cycles, test plans.
- 5 years’ of experience with HP suite of testing tools, including Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- 5 years’ of experience with diverse technology and integration points - mainframe vs. distributed, Java technologies, COBOL/CICS, secure transfer protocols, Db2, and VSAM.
- Experience organizing, managing, and providing clear guidance to teams in order to reach the testing goals and tight deadlines with candor, transparency, and collaboration.
- 5 years’ of experience and a thorough understanding of the SDLC and Software Quality Assurance concepts and best practices with software testing experience.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.