Seeking Big Data / Teradata Software Quality Tester for our client in NC.
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Big Data / Teradata QA Tester
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Term: 3 months
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: Analyze and test software to ensure that products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards. Participate actively in the entire software development life cycle. Develop quality standards through participation in initial software development stages. Test software in later stages of development for reliability and accuracy. Document processes and test outcomes. Communicate with product developers and technical support specialists on software issues. May develop customized test procedures for the organization's products.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- This role requires 7+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst in Teradata, ETL, Hadoop and Big data Technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Testing methodologies, concepts, phases, strategies, types of testing, developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Procedures, and Test Reports.
- Exclusive experience in all aspects of the Software Test Life Cycle that including Unit Testing to Automation to UAT
- Experience in writing and executing Test Plans and Test Cases from Requirements and Design documents
- Have a very good understanding of Data Warehousing (Teradata) concepts, Data Analysis, Data Warehouse Architecture, and Designing.
- Database concepts and familiarity with Teradata/Hadoop/Big data, ETL, and BI tools
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification, and identifying data mismatch.
- Exposure to different flavors of Unix (Solaris, AIX, Linux) and Windows operating systems
- Expert in writing complex SQL Queries to check the integrity of data to perform database testing.
- Experience in validation land, stage, curated, and presentation layer as per business requirements. Used ETL methodologies for supporting data extraction, transformations, and loading processing
- Have good experience in database query tools such as SQL Navigator, Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Understanding of Data Models, Data Schema, ETL and created extensive store procedures, SQL queries to perform backend data warehousing testing.
- Experienced in Bug Reporting and Defect tracking using ALM.
- Strong analytical, dynamic troubleshooting, and requirement traceability skills.
- Experienced in interacting with Clients, Business Analysts, leads, and UAT Users.