Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Come work for this industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services to help provide reliable environmental services and solutions for millions of commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers, together making the world a better place.
Position: AWS QA Tester
Location: Scottsdale, AZ 85260- Remote until Covid restrictions are lifted
Term: 8 months
Hourly rate: $70.00
The QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end testing of the Modern Data Architecture project. Support of this project will require a working knowledge of S3, Kinesis, Lambda, Athena, EC2, SQS/SNS, Snowflake, Glue & Glue Catalog. The QA Test Engineer creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated testing of data integrations from multiple data sources to AWS. The QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
- Designs, develops, implements and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile software delivery model environment.
- Builds, executes and maintains automated test frameworks for end to end integration testing across applications, devices, and platforms
- Builds automation and test coverage tools with a working knowledge of AWS tools, specifically S3, Kinesis, Lambda, Athena, EC2, SQS/SNS, Snowflake, Glue & Glue Catalog
- Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
- Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
- Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
- Ensures software applications meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
- Records and reports on testing metrics.
- Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Working knowledge of S3, Kinesis, Lambda, Athena, EC2, SQS/SNS, Snowflake, Glue & Glue Catalog
- Some experience with load and performance testing preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of software test experience with focus on web and mobile applications and test automation.
- Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance, and load.