Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Our client is one of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies. Come be a part of how digitalization, globalization, urbanization, demographic change, and climate change are transforming our world.
Position: Software Test Engineer
Location: Norwood Massachusetts 02062
Term: 9 months
- Verify through testing or inspection that the product functionality meets the software requirements and design.
- Design, develop, and execute software tests to verify design meets documented requirements.
- Plan and implement configuration of physical setup of equipment.
- Create/track software defects in the defect tracking database and verify closure of defects.
- Report passed and failed requirements to the test team lead, the project team, and the department manager.
- Communicate task status to the test team lead and manager.
- Interact with other test and development personnel on a project.
- Manage own priorities, with support from the Test Lead.
- Multitask effectively on and across projects.
- Communicate effectively one on one as well as in groups.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2-4 years of successful experience in a related field and the successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities, Knowledge and skills as presented above.
- Black-box, performance, stress and load testing, as required by the project.
- Performing manual testing, and possibly automated testing, of product features.
- Providing documented evidence of test execution.
- Participating in risk management (project, technical, and hazard) activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to comprehend software design documents.
- Ability to peer-review software requirements and design documents.
- Ability to create manual tests for semi-complex software modules from requirement and design documents.
- Ability to create Requirements Trace documentation for tools used to verification and validation and for semi-complex software.
- Ability to work effectively both alone and as part of a team.
- Possesses strong writing, presentation, and general communication skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and juggle multiple assignments.
- Ability to create Test Plans and Test Reports for tools used in support of verification and validation.
Even better if you have:
- FDA Design Control regulations and associated standards and guidance.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server scripting, particularly in the area of build automation.
- Experience with testing medical devices.
- Experience on an Agile/Scrum team.
- ASTQB Certification (or the equivalent).
- Database fundamentals.
- Communication protocols.
- Network monitoring.
- Computer system performance monitoring.
- Various programming languages, such as C#, C ++, C or Visual Basic.
- Communication protocols, such as LIS 3, HL7.
- Calculated Parameters for reported analyses.
- Statistical Data Analysis.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!