Position: QA Tester
Location: Scottsdale, AZ - temporary 100% - Hybrid schedule after restrictions.
Term: 6 months - contract to hire
Rate: $70/hourly DOE
The QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company's Web and Mobile Application Portfolios. The QA Test Engineer creates, tests, and plans for both manual and automated testing of complex web and mobile applications. The QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
- Designs, develops, implements and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile software delivery model environment.
- Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as RESTful services, or other APIs.
- Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
- Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
- Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
- Works with Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
- Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
- Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
- Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
- Executes end to end test scenarios.
- Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
- Works with Scrum/Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
- Ensures software applications meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of software test experience with focus on web and mobile applications and test automation.
- Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance, and load.
- Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's.
- Experience building automation utilizing the Page / Object design pattern.
- Experience with the following:
- Automating the testing of mobile applications using Appium.
- Agile using tools such as Rally or Jira.
- Performance/load testing tools such as Balze Meter and jMeter.
- Strong OOP experience is a must, with C# being a plus. The Automation framework is Bumblebee using Selenium and written in C#
- Understanding of open source web frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js, Express, Selenium, SoapUI, HP UFT, and HP ALM.
- Understanding of web application testing tools such as Selenium, Jasmine, Protractor, and HP UFT.
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms and services such as Amazon, Heroku, Perfecto Mobile, and SauceLabs