Title: QA Analyst
Location: Naperville, IL 60563
Term: 10 Months Contract
- Becomes familiar with all aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
- Assumes responsibility and develops expertise for a specific area of functionality of the application.
- Defines and establishes quality assurance procedures, standards, metrics reporting and auditing.
- Analyzes user needs as required; leads in the design of tests to verify that end user needs have been met.
- Develops and maintains software test scripts and test plans to verify systems meet the specifications outlines in data processing requests.
- Assesses requirements of insurance carriers and regulatory groups
- Leads in the design and development of tests to verify system software meets those requirements.
- Tests and verifies software, assists in testing projects for members of the programming staff.
- Prepares documentation for assigned projects and follows software release procedures.
- Assists in the professional growth of Quality Assurance Analyst I colleagues.
- Follows pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development of tests and test plans.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current quality assurance tools and other technology advances.
- Delivers and maintains the highest quality of customer services to our clients.
Experience and Education:
- 7 years of information technology/computer science experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 4 years of testing/quality assurance experience
- 2 years specialized experience with emphasis on interpreting user requirements, and development of business application tests required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required
- Knowledge of client/server applications and claims management systems
- Excellent project management skills
- High level of self-motivation
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!