Our Client's development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. They create mobile games that are played by over 25 million players each month. We are helping them to grow their talented team with strong engineers experienced in building games and game services. We are seeking innovators who consider themselves driven, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment where they can deliver their best.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will design, build, deploy, and run highly scalable and stable server architectures. The engineer will work as part of our central technologies team to create and refine game server frameworks as well as contribute to the design and implementation of launch and post-launch strategies.
- Design, develop, and run a fast, massively scalable, highly available game service all the way from conception to delivery to live service operations
- Work with designers, client engineering, and production teams to achieve gameplay goals and objectives that are supported by the service
- Provide solutions that address network latency, reliability, and scalability issues
- Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
- Be held to high-quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring
- Create and run automated testing, readiness testing, and deployment plans
- Monitor the performance and costs of the server infrastructure to drive continuous improvement
- Keep up with and recommend latest best practices
- 4+ years development of scalable back-end services
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Python server development.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven experience building REST APIs
- Deep experience with Cloud services like Google App Engine or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Database Design and caching and usage of large datasets in both relational (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (Mongo) environments
- Deep understanding of different networking technologies, protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, REST)
- Experience with operating live games
- YOU MUST LOVE PLAYING GAMES!!!!
Nice to have's:
- Experience developing online connectivity for iOS and/or Android games
- Working knowledge of mobile live service operation on a large scale
- PyTest or a similar framework
- Experience with a microservices architecture
- Large scale messaging with systems like Kafka or similar
- Experience with Redis or Memcache
- Kubernetes at a production level
- Familiarity and experience with SRE/Devops role