Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
We have an immediate need for an experienced Python Developer for a contract opportunity in Princeton, NJ. The role is temporarily remote but candidates must be local for when a return to the office is in place. You will be collaborating with your team to design, develop, test and maintain the current application software programs.
- Follow the team's Scrum development life cycle practices.
- Work independently for design, development and testing.
- Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary
- Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of the company
- Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control.
- Use appropriate change control procedures for implementing software enhancements.
- Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices
- Conduct unit, functional, and integration testing to ensure application reliability.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years professional application development experience is required.
- Experience developing applications using open source technologies.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of Python Development. Experience with Python Metaclasses, Django.
- In-depth understanding of Relational Database Management software, preferably PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS SQL Server.
- Experienced in testing software all the way from unit testing to system testing to integration testing. A strong desire to build well-tested software.
- Strong knowledge of version control software, GIT preferred.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), in particular EC2, EBS, S3, and SQS is a big plus.
- Understanding of batch oriented and event-based systems is a plus.
Matrix offers Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for Full-time W2 Consultants. Supplemental Disability and Long-Term Care Insurance, Dependent Care Assistance. 401(k) with Roth feature. Free e-Learning Course