Position: Python Data Engineer (Lead Consultant)
Type: Permanent - FTE or Contract
With a startup spirit and 80,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
- Work as a Python & Data Engineer in AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud with team of Quantitative Analyst and Modelers, as well as various other business and technology units.
- Focused on delivering tactical and strategic solutions to support the banks’ operating processes and analytics.
- Will be part of an Agile team working closely with team members in India and United States.
- Perform development and provide system support as required by the project.
- Re-architect, re-design and re-engineer platforms to solve data distribution and orchestration problems.
- An understanding of the banking technology landscape along with the ability to analyze requirements, identify data sources, and communicate to downstream systems.
- BE/B Tech/ MCA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience in Python.
- 2+ Experience in SparkSQL, Spark Streaming , PySpark.
- 3+ years of total IT experience and needs to have experience in Hadoop, Hive and HBase
- Strong understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Object Oriented Design.
- Experience with SQL – Design, Develop with deep understanding of Optimization techniques (e.g.: DB2, Oracle , Teradata ,SQL Server)
- Good knowledge of AWS Could Platform and its services EC2, EMR, Glue, Redshift, RDS, Athena, Lake Formation & Containers
- ‘Effective’ communication skills
- Hands on experience with stream processing applications as Kafka, KSQL and understanding of low level kafka inner workings and partitioning schemes
- Knowledge on versioning tools like GIT, SVN
- Creative ways of solving problems efficiently and logically
- Development experience in both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Strong grasp of distributed architecture including web services and messaging.
- Prior working experience in financial services industry; specifically, on Cards, Payments & Banking.