Sr. Tableau Report Developer/Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Tableau Report Developer will work with subject matter experts from the project and business teams to determine: Data requirements for the reporting platform, develop functional specifications, and provide detailed data flow documents.
Specific tasks will include – communicating business term definitions, establishing data quality rules, writing and executing data quality checks, researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process and workflow knowledge, and user acceptance testing.
What you’ll do as a Data & Reporting Analyst:
- Design and develop Tableau reports and dashboards that will yield actionable insights that present the answers to business questions.
- Run ad-hoc analysis for Product and Business Managers using standard query languages and operationalize for repeatable use via Tableau reporting suite.
- Code and modify SQL/ETL based on dashboard requirements.
- Maintain validation of reporting business rules, documentation and distributions to proper stakeholders.
- Train and educate co-workers on data visualization tools and best practices.
- Participate in design and delivery of curriculum related to rollout of new reports and dashboards to drive adoption and to enhance business decision-making capability.
- BA or BS in Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Engineering required.
- 5+ years of experience using business intelligence reporting tools. Mastery of Tableau for the creation and automation of Enterprise Scale dashboards.
- 5+ years of experience writing advanced SQL, performance tuning of BI queries, data modeling, and data mining from multiple sources (SQL, ETL, data warehousing).
- Knowledge of Private Wealth Management/Investment Management – with ability to interpret definitions and calculations from business language to developer logic.
- Experience with portfolio management and related reporting.
- Expertise with Data Visualization best practices.
- Possess a strong foundation in data analytics, an understanding and foundation in data science.
- Have exposure to statistical modeling experience (R, SAS, SPSS). (Preferred).
- Strong visualization design and development experience with Tableau (and other Business Intelligence tools).
- Expert in writing SQL.
- Excellent attention to detail and experience debugging code.
- Proven track record of delivery for business-critical BI/Analytics projects.
- Ability to operate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills - ability to quickly analyze data to identify key insights and apply them to the business.
- Clear, high-level understanding of complex data models and software integration/delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Strong orientation to clients, including demonstrated ability to understand needs and apply this knowledge to drive data enhancements.
Own your work and your career — Apply Now