Are you an IT Project Manager/Innovation Manager with Scrum experience? We have a permanent position on site in Alabama where you will provide support for internal customers in the implementation or enhancement of IT solutions for business processes by supporting delivery.
- Provide leadership and support for IT projects, applications, and related services.
- Effectively manage the IT Operating Model relationship to the internal customer.
- Establish and maintain effective on-going communication.
- Manage requests for new IT Services.
- Analyze and improve the business processes.
Innovation & Emerging Technologies:
- Capable of thinking 'outside of the box' and able to quickly 'learn the ropes' in new functions and responsibilities.
- Encourage others to think innovatively.
- Can take up new approaches and apply them to his/her area of responsibility.
- Capable of networking with the adjoining areas of responsibility.
- Understand how new technologies can influence current business processes in the client's departments.
- Question the status quo and actively searches for improvement opportunities.
- Make suggestions about how the client's departments can benefit from new technologies.
- Research and assess potential new technologies/solutions/concepts, which may comply with the future needs of the client's departments, and introduces them, if applicable.
Demand (Request) Management:
- Accompany and support business requirement specification process when requested.
- Ensure that all requests for IT services are recorded in the demand pipeline and reviewed fairly by upholding corporate processes.
- Conduct research, data collection, analysis and synthesis to prepare, present and deliver recommendations and solutions to business.
- Contribute to the development of a solution design that meets business requirements.
- Participate in the delivery and implementation of solutions for Business units.
- Follow given range of business consulting methodologies, assets and work products to produce deliverables.
- Provide leadership on the development of business cases, service strategy, new service deployment and Service Lifecycle management schedules.
- Define the value and business benefits of services from the service catalogue.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements based on the IT service catalogue and promote IT services and value.
- Understand the IT service catalogue and other technology trends in order to offer recommendations and solutions that meet the business needs as appropriate.
- Ensure that all demands are coordinated through the request management process working closely with the respective IT organization (e.g. Business Consultant, Service Delivery, Project Manager) to define the high-level design and estimation and tracking the status of the request.
Solution Design / Development:
- Analyze, describe and design applications and business processes in order to meet current and future business requirements.
- Draft solutions in accordance with archetypal patterns.
- Develop and optimize efficient solutions.
- Is mindful of criteria such as re-usability, robustness and system performance and independently optimizes his solutions to that effect.
- Can draft suitable solutions for complex problems independently as well as analyze and evaluate other people's solutions for their re-usability, robustness and system performance.
- Able to identify best practices, to assess them for their usability and, if applicable, introduce them.
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify and mitigate potential risks/crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Maintain a current, in-depth knowledge of the given application and all aspects related to business functional units supported.
- Keep up with industry trends in supported business units and related disciplines through self-study and formal training.
- Support the configuration of the given application
- Execute special projects as required.
- Manage project budgets
- Responsible for planning and tracking actual costs of on-going services, license fees, etc. for various applications and support contracts
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in the role of Innovation Mgr, Development Lead, Solution Architect, and should include leading PMO, managing mid to large project teams, or as scrum master.
- Strong computer systems skills.
- Well-developed analytical skills and sound business judgment.
- Ability to think strategically and establish direction.
- Team player with ability to resolve issues both business and technical.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing schedules to meet project requirements and milestones.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project, Jira, Clarity, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated strong Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of data discovery, data preparation, and data analysis tools
• Knowledge of Data life cycle from discovery, loading, cleaning, transforming, managing, analyzing, and making such data easily accessible
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Business Objects, QlikView, MS Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Bilingual English and German
- PMP Certification