Your future duties and responsibilities
You will be responsible to plan and manage project activities to ensure team is able to deliver to its commitments. They will help educate the team in Scrum, and SAFe, ensuring that the Agile process is being followed. The candidate will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous improvement along with effectively managing and communicating project risks and issues. This will be a great opportunity for the right candidate to work within a global environment with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and from different teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Complete understanding and knowledge of I/T industry practices, standards, and concepts. Experience with delivery of I/T systems using Agile methodologies, with Scrum and SAFe practices. Good understanding of SAFe terminologies and team member roles. Ability to manage multiple, concurrent small to medium sized projects committed for the PI.
Decision Making: Makes decisions using broad management limits. Applies guidelines and procedures that leave considerable room for discretion and interpretation. Decisions directly influence project, client relationships and or expenditures. Additionally, decisions exert some influence on organization's long-range goals and objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignments.
Supervision Received: Works independently under general supervision. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy in meeting objectives.
Leadership: Self starter. Plans, allocates the activities of the scrum team. Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff.
Problem Solving/Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of innovation. Ensures that solutions are effective in meeting organizational objectives. Questions problem definition to address underlying issues.
Client Contacts: Manages internal and external relationships. Represents organization as prime contact for projects and other necessary communications. Interaction may include senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring complex coordination between organizations. Communication involves persuasion and negotiation, as applicable. Seeks ways of improving client service.
- PMP Certification
- Project Management Experience with Agile Team Leadership
- Experience working in or with an IT organization in systems, programming, application deployment, or project development efforts
- PM tools such as EasyPPM, Clarity, MS Office, Jira 3+ years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Engage with the Release Train Engineer to raises impediments, communicate timelines and progress
- Works closely with the business Product Owner to prioritize and deliver user stories, ensuring that they are at a sufficient level of refinement for the development team
- Interact with the Systems Team Lead to raise blocking issues and communicate timelines to identify where support might be needed
- Lead the Squad to ensures that the development is making progress and keeping to expected timelines and escalates any blocking issues that are encountered, including offshore and onshore team members
- Participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning for the Release Train and communicate the plan to the overall team
- Lead Scrum team ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Standup, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective)
- Contribute to the PI Sprint System Demo
- Reviews and analyzes the velocity of the team
- Ensure smooth handoff and knowledge transfer to the support organization
- Bachelors Degree