The Project Manager II creates and executes project work plans for Clinical, IT, or Business projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of the organization. They are expected to work more autonomously and have less interaction with their HR/Project Leader, with regards to project management methodology. In addition to being accountable to direct line Management, the Project Manager II will be accountable to and take direction from the SDM Manager and interface with many internal IT’s customers.
• Follows a defined project management methodology, accountable for the detailed planning of steps and resources needed to meet objectives.
• Monitors and prepares weekly status to ensure work is progressing to meet the deliverables on time and on or under budget.
• Manages multiple small, medium or large capital and non-capital projects simultaneously.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Effectively applies IT’s methodology and enforces project standards.
• Ensures that in-flight reviews and quality assurance procedures take place for all projects.
• Minimizes IT s exposure and risk on projects. Solves conflicts and issues in a timely manner, escalating to manager as appropriate.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Manages project budget. Ensures quality control and forecasting for all projects.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to leadership. Telling their story in a concise manner.
• Provides leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Operations Research, Public Health Administration, Revenue Cycle or other related field.
• 3+ years of information systems experience.
• 5+ years project management experience.
• Project management experience in health care desired.
• Certification: PMI certification desired.
• Epic and/or Cerner experience desired.
• Revenue Cycle, Lab or Pharmacy experience preferred.
• Experience with both Waterfall and Agile mythologies preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Possess thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools.
• Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles in relation to project budgets, forecasting, purchasing and analysis of financial results.
• Ability to enter project forecast requirements, maintain accurate forecasting for the duration of the project, and make appropriate adjustments throughout the project lifecycle.
• Possess strong and tested project management skills, including risk management.
• Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines.
• A passionate desire to grow and learn.
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Possess quality presentation skills and experience in presenting complex plans and designs to executive-level management.
• Skills in Google Workspace along with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Desired skill in Planview PRM project tacking tool.
- Function: IT Project / Program Management
- Job Ref: 197585