Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Role: Project Manager
Location: 100% Remote
Type: 6-month contract
Rate: $65+/hourly, DOE
The Project Manager (PM) is accountable for the project objectives that drive clinical and operational digital transformation, customer experience, and other activities as assigned by the System Director.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Key resource for the PMO encompassing the development of relationships between IT and the organizations multiple customer constituencies including: patients, consumers, providers, clinical staff, administrators, and employees.
- This position is vital to the organizations efficient operation in terms of well-managed systems that will ensure the financial success and ability to cope with the pressures of shrinking revenues, and our market strategy to grow and expand into the future.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining channels of communication between business, IT and other relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible to develop project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics, communication plan, resources required and ensuring deliverables of the ITD initiatives.
- Responsible for the supervision of the project resources required to deliver each task (i.e. key areas could include: Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Design Engineers, CyberSecurity, QACC, etc.)
- Responsible for managing all aspects of project from planning, design, development/implementation, testing, training, deployment, customer adoption and operation turnover of the ITD initiatives.
- Tracks assigned budget and resources for each project. Prepares cost estimates and cost recommendations. Monitors expenditures.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of project budget.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field or Equivalent Professional Experience preferred
- 2-3 years of Project Management experience.
- Project Management experience in a Health care environment preferred.
Required Licensure and Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification preferred
- Scrum/Agile certification preferred
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
- Possess thorough understanding of Healthcare Business and Care Delivery processes strongly desired
- Possess strong understanding of digital technology, clinical information systems, and how clinical information is integrated into the patient, consumer, and provider digital experience
- Experience in Project Management methodologies and tool sets – waterfall/agile/scrum, planning, issue escalation, problem resolution, conflict and collision management, metrics and reporting, communications, etc. strongly desired.
- Ability to manage business sponsor relationships, and navigate political landscape
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles in relation to project budgets, purchasing and analysis of financial results
- Negotiation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Communication for results
- Decisiveness/Ability to make a quick assessment of the scope of an issue and provide options for its closure
- Ability to develop strategic business cases for departmental or project specific initiatives
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project & Word
- In depth knowledge of Information Systems (software, hardware, network)
- In depth knowledge of the architectural system components, business processes and applications to minimize the impact of changes in software, hardware or network
- Contributes to the implementation of department's operational and strategic goals and objectives. Ensures departments collaboration on achievement of goals and objectives
- Proactively prepare reports and/ or documentation providing business details to staff and management identifying business and patient trends, defining metrics, and recommending solutions
- Demonstrates ability to manage effective business relationships at all levels of the organization, up to and including c-suite executives
- Experience in process improvement; Lean Six Sigma principles and/or business process management preferred