This international financial services industry leader has an immediate 12+ month contract opportunity in Irving, TX, Tampa, FL OR Jacksonville, FL for a Project/Program Manager Lead that is PMP or Prince2 certified. The Project/ Program Manager Lead will report directly to the PMO Head and Portfolio Manager who is responsible for overall health of Risk, Finance, and Controls IT programs. As a Program Manager Lead in the PMO, the candidate will define, design, implement (and manage ongoing production of) Program and Project tracking and reporting capabilities to support the PMO and application delivery teams in their adherence to corporate program and project governance. Familiarity with various software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.) is a pre-requisite. The candidate must be familiar with enterprise tools that are used to track large Initiatives and Programs.
This management support role will be responsible for interpretation and dissemination of project information, process ownership, process improvement, and establishing best practices and processes in the PMO. The role will see the development of a suite of proactive reporting, visualization and communication, leveraging the data within multiple complex enterprise project management tools, to advise the PMO and senior technology managers of the overall health of their initiatives and identify areas that require remediation. KPI’s will also be defined and agreed upon with KPI monitoring implemented to monitor adherence to governance milestones.
- Manage PMO portfolio of projects performing analysis of projects and help design end-state strategy to ongoing improvement initiatives and create efficient global business standards and operational efficiencies.
- Interface and build strong rapport with designated Project Managers.
- Execute status meetings with Project Managers, partner with Project Managers, Project stakeholders and drive initiatives to completion.
- Prepare and produce project status, Issue/Risk log and RAG reports for senior management.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly operational metrics reports including cost savings status and forecasts.
- Participate in project governance and provide detailed metrics on project quality control measures.
- Coordinate project meetings and working sessions with project stakeholders.
- Conduct project related status/performance analysis.
- Track project progress against time and quality expectations.
- Deploy appropriate methods and tools to drive implementation.
- 6+ years of Program/Project Management experience within Information Technology. Consulting experience is preferred but not required.
- PMP or Prince2 Certification required.
- 6+ years of experience working within a PMO or technology delivery function with experience in organizing, analyzing and visualizing enterprise data to enable data-driven decision making and actions.
- Six Sigma/Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Strong skills in program management/planning, presentations and communication.
- Highly proficient skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (including Pivot tables), and MS Project.
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced, environment, take initiative/ownership and take on various assignments/roles.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
3 + years financial services experience in Enterprise Risk or Finance strongly preferred.