Position: Project Manager - Client Experience
Location: Mulitple Locations: Tampa, FL / Irving, TX / NYC
Term: 9+ month contract
The Project Management Lead accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. S/he will also be responsible for delivering best-in-class client experience and being a member of the core business team, this individual will need to coordinate and drive initiatives with support from various functions, e.g. digital, technology, sales, marketing, CX, analytics, legal, risk/compliance, finance. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specified projects ensuring consistency with project management governance.
- Manages projects whilst overseeing the total project list and in particular the key critical projects
- Resolves complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes.
- Full ownership for one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and may also be considered analytical or procedural experts representing a unit or team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- May supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees but will not typically have formal management role.
- Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area to resolve issues.
- Ensures creation of project plan and charter benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central project issue log.
- Ensures resources are assigned to project & monitor commitment. and ensures change control is executed throughout project.
- Identifies, documents, and understands project dependencies Identify key stakeholders who participate in project scope definition.
- Tracks actual project costs, identify variances, and reforecast project costs as needed.
- Measures project management performance against standards and ensures appropriate project staffing levels.
- Establishes project communication needs and create project communication plan
- Creates the project risk management plan.
- 6-10 years of experience in project management, primarily in financial services
- Experience in supervising project managers/business analysts/project officers
- Experience in interaction at Board/Executive management level of businesses
- Broad understanding of business practices
- Demonstrates capacity to work in highly pressured & volatile environments.
- Use of Project Management tool like Jira (or similar) preferred.
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred