Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Sr. Project Manager
Location: Charlotte, NC, Phoenix, AZ, Des Moines, IA, or Minneapolis. MN
Term: 6 months with good chance for extension
- Accountable for direct and independent management of primarily high risk/strategic projects (occasionally moderate risk) and/or participates as a member of larger effort(s) to independently manage sub-program component(s) of high complexity under the purview of a program/project leader.
- Successfully informs and influences sponsors and key stakeholders to promote success of project prioritization, senior and executive leadership through times of ambiguity, and obstacle management.
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly.
- Incorporates multi-business and enterprise support operations organizational/ systems knowledge and navigation to anticipate change impacts.
- Ensures full understanding of project impacts then translates that into comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation.
- This includes needs identification; resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression; financials management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation.
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with executive leadership, sponsors, business and other stakeholders to validate project trajectory and project performance feedback.
- Ensures that Risk Controls are met.
- Provides performance feedback to managers of project team members.
- Regularly coaches other project managers or project coordinators, including matrix management.
- May at times be assigned as a program leader.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, project delivery, project methodologies, digital product/program management, strategic planning or implementation
- Experience with Branch Banking and Wealth Management Products and Platforms is very desirable.
- Project and Program Management experience in the Financial industry is required.
- Change Management experience.
- Business Acumen, Consulting Skills, and proven proficiency in Relationship Building is a must.
- Candidate should be extremely adaptable and have the ability to manage multiple highly complex projects.
- Attention to detail and an ability to convey relevant information at summary and detailed levels is a key factor to success in this role.
- Requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, and other departments involved.
- Project reporting, governance and transparency is very essential, and must be demonstrated through previous projects and success.
- Ability to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to timelines, milestone events and within budget.
- Ability to help define project objectives, scope and requirements, and ensure high levels of development and project execution throughout its lifecycle.
- Requires experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Creates and delivers presentations on program or project goals and plans, including progress reports