Long term contract opportunity in Carrollton, TX for a Project Manager. Will be responsible for a matrix team of Software Engineers, Hardware Engineers, System Integration Engineers, and Business Development Personnel to manage projects and pursuit and order capture for multi-million-dollar security system programs.
Manage fixed duration projects from $1M to $5M.
Provide team management for new business proposals, including:
Develop proposal plan & schedule.
Work with internal teams on contract and pricing strategy.
Schedule status calls & touchpoints.
Interface with business support services.
Develop project execution strategy and project work breakdown structure.
Draft initial project management plan.
Participate in the design and delivery of large security system implementations.
Adhere to all company-specific PM policies as well as follow generally accepted PMI project principals in the management and technical support of network based physical Security System projects.
Manage the financials (P&L) for the project including financial management of subcontractors.
Project Lead and/or liaison between customers and subcontractors.
Occasional travel may be required for site meetings.
· Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline.
· In the absence of a degree, eight years of experience in program/project management.
· US Citizen or Permanent Residence required, due to restricted facility access. Candidate may need to obtain a security clearance.
· 5+ years of related experience in project management.
· Working knowledge and experience with project management processes.
· Experience in managing projects with multiple internal & external stakeholders.
· Experience with fixed price programs with short duration (6-18-month delivery) technical system projects, including networking equipment, cameras, access control, and Command and Control platforms.
· Experience estimating fixed price security system projects.
· Experience managing software and/or hardware technologies.
· Proficient with Microsoft Project and Office suite.
· Prefer candidates who are PMP certified.
· Highly prefer previous Physical Security Systems Experience.
Key skills for success:
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work well with others in a matrix organization and successfully coordinate with and support internal and external customers.
· Ability to learn new processes quickly, and work with minimal supervision and guidance.
· Ability to communicate effectively and display viable problem-solving skills.