Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company thats not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Project Mangaer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 24 months
- Lead cross-functional project teams, managing all project lifecycle activities associated with high visibility projects that are long-term, across one or more lines of business and carry a substantial impact to the relevant businesses
- Execute end to-end project management using the Enterprise Project Methodology, demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end
- Establish and manage matrixed project teams across the organization, including Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Finance and other impacted partners
- Drive delivery of all project deliverables including business case, requirements, project planning, testing, implementation, and closing
- Create and deliver presentations to executive and senior management on project goals and plans, including progress reports
- Recognize and manage areas of change. Document internal & external impacts, and a plan for implementation & readiness
- Identify, analyze and manage risks, issues and interdependencies
Provide leadership, direction and coaching to project management staff
- Manage project family budgets/forecasting, schedules, and staffing to ensure optimal business results
- Accountable for direct and independent management of primarily moderate risk projects (occasionally low or high risk) and/or participates as a member of larger effort(s) to independently manage sub-program component(s) of moderate complexity under the purview of a program/project leader.
- Influences sponsors and stakeholders to promote success of project prioritization and obstacle management.
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of highly unusual or complex ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly.
- Incorporates business organizational/systems knowledge and navigation to anticipate change impacts ensuring full understanding of project impacts and comprehensive engagement strategies.
- Performs all usual duties of a Project Manager in accordance with policy, methodology and artifact creation.
- This includes needs identification; resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression; financials management; status reporting; prolific and effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; and appropriate escalation strategies and implementation.
- Incorporates regular and appropriate consultation with business and other stakeholders to validate project trajectory and project performance feedback throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for matrix managing other PMs and Project Coordinators for the project.
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in the financial industry.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, project delivery, project methodologies, digital product/program management, strategic planning or implementation